How to install the Azure WAAgent in offline Mode
WAAgent in Azure linux VM provides lot of functionality with respect to healthy system management and tool to interact with Azure fabric controller and managing the linux Operational activity from Azure portal.
Below article has more details of WAAgent functionality for your reference.
And Operational requirement of WAAgent is mandatory to all Azure IaaS linux environment to interact and troubleshoot the OS and with respect to Agent Health state may go down due to different aspects like Outbound connectivity is not available where WAAgent pushes health status to Azure platform.
In managing Azure infra linux agent’s status are regular in demand to perform the daily activities and fixing the OS issues like SSH, User password reset, privilege changes etc.
Quick turnaround to bring the VM agent state healthy and troubleshoot the VM from Azure portal. We can use the Azure WAagent installation in offline mode to bring back healthy state where SSH connection is lost to the VM.
Below are the steps for your reference, the following commands are applicable to all linux distributions.
- Attach the breakdown server disk into the test VM from Azure portal as “data disk”.
- Mount the disk with new mountpoint. Here I used as a “testdrive”.
- Mount the OS disk and use the “chroot” mountpoint as below screenshot.
- Now you are inside the bash of breakdown server disk. You can cross verify by “vi /etc/hostname”.
- Download the WAAgent latest version from Github with Prequisties for waagent.
Download the waagent from Github.
unzip the WAagent.
Install the Python prequisties to install the WAagent.
Install the Python.
- Installing the WAAgent in offline.
Install the download WAagent.
“python setup.py install”
Restart the WAAgent services.
“systemctl restart waagent”
- Post Successfully installation verify the WAAgent version.
- Now umount the data disk of the breakdown VM from the portal and provision the VM from osdisk.
- Post VM Creation we could see successfully VM agent up and running with Agent ready status in the properties from portal.