Azure Cost Management by Cloudyn
Now Cloudyn is available to customers and partners from Azure Portal. Made easy for Azure Consumption Management Reports with Budget alerts and Over consumed report ready with weekly, Monthly from simple dashboard configuration.
In overview listed the primary feature of Cloudyn tool advantages and important notes to enroll the Azure subscriptions. Cloudyn provides great advantages in supporting granular level reporting capabilities on the consumption across Subscriptions, Resourcegroup, user defined Tags based. Below the detailed review features.
Cloudyn Granularity Report Feature:
Cloudyn supports more granular level on Resource Group level costings.
Azure Resource Explorer Report provide more detailed on Azure Resource consumptions like:
- Calculate usage hours and cost per resource
- View a list of all Azure cloud resources
- Create a list of resources per account
Gain visibility into the tagging of each machine is added advantage.
Azure Resources Over Time report provides a breakdown of all running resources over a selected time frame.
- Use Azure Resources Over Time report
- View breakdown of all resources over a specific time.
- View maximum number of resources running over a specific time frame
To get detailed information about spikes in usage (use in conjunction with Azure Resource Explorer report)
On detailed feature about Asset Reports please refer here: https://support.cloudyn.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000782485-Assets-Analysis
Cloudyn – Optimizer:
In Azure Operations, we all had challenge in optimizing the azure servers and services to meet the monthly budget from our monetary commitment. Currently we all do different tools for monitoring and tuning the infra like SCOM for pulling the least utilized servers, least utilized Network services, Least Utilized CPU consumption. Now Cloudcyn tool made things easy with multiple consolidation reports like below on regular based requesting reports and to do better optimizing the Azure Cloud.
- Sizing Threshold Manager
- Cost Effective Sizing information – for better recommendation to downsize and manage the costing on the instance
- Instance Metric Explorer – gives more filter to pull the report of Avg CPU=Show All, Max CPU=Show All, Avg Memory=Show All, Max Memory=Show All, Show=Instances running within date range
- Instance level Report – Lowest CPU, Highest CPU, Lowest By Network, Lowest Memory Utilization, Highest Memory utilization
How to register ARM in Cloudyn Portal.
- Login to Cloudyn account
- Go to Cloud accounts
- See all your accounts and subscriptions
Click on Pencil Icon for Rediscovering the subscriptions
- Rediscover Subscriptions windows will open. After selection when you click next it will redirect to Azure portal to grant permissions to cloudyn.
- Now successfully registered your subscriptions. To pull the report from EA to Cloudyn account it will take 72 hours.
Reference Link: https://youtu.be/oCIwvfBB6kk
Cloudyn Data Refresh Timelines
- Initial: It can take up to 24 hours to see cost data in Cloudyn after setup. It can also take up to 10 days for Cloudyn to collect enough data to display sizing recommendations.
- Daily: From the 10th to the end of each month, Cloudyn should show your data up to date from the previous day after about UTC+3 the next day.
- Monthly: From the 1st to the 10th of each month, Cloudyn may only show your data through the end of the previous month.
- In General: Please wait 72 hours for data to propagate from Azure to Cloudyn before reporting a delay.
How do I reach Azure Cloudyn Support Team?
- With Existing Azure Support Agreement, you can reach an Cloudyn team by raising the Azure Service request from the portal.
How to enroll the EA account purchased from CSP?
- Your reseller will need to enable “markup” for your account following the instructions from the article titled “Indirect Customer Onboarding Guide” at:https://ea.azure.com/api/v3Help/v2IndirectCustomerOnboardingGuide
(search for the word “markup” in this article which is found under “help” on the Azure EA portal)
- Then you can generate the Azure EA key for use with Cloudyn following the steps from:
Please also note:- Azure Cost Management by Cloudyn can only be enabled by an Azure service administrator (co-administrator permissions are not enough).
– You also need to enable the Azure Billing API before you can generate the Azure EA API Key to setup Cloudyn following the instructions at:
https://ea.azure.com/helpdocs/reportingAPI (under “Enabling data access to the API”)
– You may also need to give Department Administrators, Account Owners, and Enterprise Administrators permissions to “view charges” with the Billing API.
Three ways to verify you purchased Azure through a reseller:
- Set up Azure Cost Management Wizard Error:
- Azure EA Portal: Direct Enrollment – No
Log into in the Azure EA Portal at: https://ea.azure.com
(Login at the EA level instead of logging in at the department, account, or subscription level, and confirm you can see your EA enrollment number).
- If “Direct Enrollment” = “No” it means you purchased Azure EA via a reseller.
- If “Markup Status” = “Published” it means that your reseller has successfully enabled markup and you should be able to see your Azure data in Cloudyn now.
- Cloudyn Portal Error: ‘No usage data was found for the last 30 days. Please contact your distributor to make sure markup was enabled for your Azure account.’
Having trouble registering via Azure portal
This error usually occurs when trying to sign up with a user who doesn’t own subscriptions or that owns subscriptions, but those carry no usage.
How to add the Multiple Account into Cloudcyn
- Article: https://support.cloudyn.com/hc/en-us/articles/212016145-Adding-an-Entity
- Video: https://support.cloudyn.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005142529-Video-Defining-your-hierarchy-with-Cost-Entities
- Video: https://youtu.be/dAd9G7u0FmU
How to activate “un-activated” accounts with ARM credentials to view Azure usage data in Cloudyn
Until your ARM credentials are added to Cloudyn, the account will continue to appear as un-activated.
– To add ARM credentials to an account, please be sure to click on the edit icon to the right of the account name, not on the subscription.
– After you add your ARM credentials to an account in Cloudyn, you may have to use the edit button again to “rediscover” the account to finish activating it.
– If you are using multiple Azure EA subscriptions to one instance of Cloudyn you may need an user in Azure with Administrator permissions over all or Subscriptions in order to add ARM credentials to Cloudyn.
**If the “Optimizer” tab is not available in Cloudyn, please confirm that you have activated your accounts with ARM credentials.
Does Cloudyn support MSDN / Pay-as-you-Go, PayAsYouGo non-EA, non-CSP accounts?
- Registration via https://azure.cloudyn.com should allow you to choose between EA, CSP or Direct Accounts registration options and easily set you up with Cloudyn.
- Support for MSDN/Pay-as-you-Go accounts is currently supported for Azure customers registering to Cloudyn via the Azure portals.
- Cloudyn also supports Amazon Web Services (AWS), and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Azure National Cloud with Cloudyn is not supported currently (Azure Germany, Azure China).
How to resolve account lockout issues?Like “status initiallySuspended”.
- Cloudyn user accounts connects via SSO, if your UPN doesn’t match your SMTP address. You may have error like “status initiallySuspended”. Reach Azure support team to unlock the access.
- Recommended to login Cloudyn using the correct Azure Cost Management URL to login to Cloudyn from either: https://azure.cloudyn.com/or https://ms.portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_Azure_CostManagement/CloudynMainBlade
- Always have two account administrative user in case of account logout issues get your unlocked each other.
Cloudyn Integrations with third Party?
Cloudyn doesn’t provide direct integration with third party tools but you export the all costing report with CSV and import into 3rd party tools.
FAQs for Azure Cost Management by Cloudyn:
- FAQ: How to resolve Cloudyn setup errors like the Indirect Enterprise error: “The specified API key is not a top level enrollment key” when adding your Azure EA API Key to Cloudyn
- FAQ: How to enable additional Azure users to use Cloudyn and resolve account lockout issues
- FAQ: How to fix “un-activated” accounts with ARM credentials to view Azure usage data in Cloudyn
- FAQ: How to add multiple accounts and entities to an existing Cloudyn subscription
- FAQ: How to change the currency symbol of a Cloudyn entity from US Dollars to Euros, etc.
- FAQ: Cloudyn Data Refresh Timelines
- FAQ: How can a Direct CSP configure Cloudyn access for Indirect CSP customers or partners?
Documentation and Resources:
- Documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/azure/cost-management
- Pricing: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/cost-management
- Trial: https://trial.cloudyn.com/
- Forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=Cloudyn
- Blog: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/use-azure-cost-management-for-free
- Videos: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cost-management/ref-videos
- Azure Cost Management by Cloudyn
Cloudyn – Azure Optimization, Azure VM Utilization Monitoring, Azure Budget Scheduling, Azure Utilization Reports, Azure VM performance report