Azure Cost Management – Azure Advisor
Azure made announcement to native advisor with lot of new enhancement on Managing the resources with best practices with free of cost of consuming the advisor services.
Azure Advisor is inbuilt/native tool to view the recommendation on High availability, Security, Performance, Cost and Tips/Tricks. Advisor blade provides lot of advantage over review the resources tips and tricks to move and manage the resources with best practices and make implementation, operations management simple.
Advisor analytics review and provides insights of issue on Azure resources.
- Inbuilt security, availability, performance and cost advisory which reduces performance additional to insights and provide recommendations.
- Advisor Blade configuration provides ResourceGroup level resources selection for analytics which provides flexibility to select the production resources across multiple subscriptions.
- Single blade to provide you Tips & Tricks on Instance, Backup, Security and Costing
- Help you to configure the rule on cpu threshold level to identify the low performance VMs with recommendation to move to Right Size or Shutdown approaches.
- Advisor provides recommendations to underutilized resources by 14 days of usage pattern.
- Advisor exporting the report in csv and pdf formats to share with managements view easily.
- Reminder support on the recommendations.
- Azure advisor support API functions to do Operations, Recommendations, Suppressions.
- Advisor provides recommendations for virtual machines, availability sets, application gateways, App Services, SQL servers, SQL databases, and Redis Cache.
- Azure Advisor is free of cost to use.
Free primarily inbuilt tool (Azure Advisor) provides cost advisory on low consumption VM based cost savings. It made easy control to cost/budget and operational overhead.
How to enable the Advisor to do Cost Savings
- Link to login to Azure Advisor Blade: http://aka.ms/AzureAdvisor
- Select the Configure Options
- Select the Resources to control which resource group want to do analytics with Advisor across subscription to provide recommendations and Apply to save the changes.
- Select the Rules to configure the threshold value to identify the underutilized VMs.
- Edit to configure the Set the recommendation rule and Apply to save the changes.
How to review the Advisor Recommendations
- Select the Advisor Blade and select the overview on recommendation across all services supported by advisor services.
- Select the Cost Recommendation pane to review the underutilized resources details.
- Selecting on impacted instance will provide details of instance information and action recommendation to perform with criticality information.
Sample Recommendations by Azure Advisor:
On Cost savings:
|IMPACT||DESCRIPTION||POTENTIAL MONTHLY SAVINGS||IMPACTED RESOURCES||UPDATED AT|
|High||Right-size or shutdown underutilized virtual machines||Virtual machines|
|High||Right-size or shutdown underutilized virtual machines||Virtual machines (classic)|
|High||Use SQL elastic database pools||SQL servers|
On High Availability:
|IMPACT||DESCRIPTION||POTENTIAL BENEFITS||IMPACTED RESOURCES||UPDATED AT|
|High||Use Managed Disks to improve data reliability||Ensure business continuity through data resilience||Availability sets|
|Medium||Add more virtual machines for improved fault tolerance||Ensure business continuity through virtual machine resilience||Availability sets|
|Medium||Add more virtual machines for improved fault tolerance||Ensure business continuity through virtual machine resilience||Availability sets (classic)|
|Medium||Use availability sets for improved fault tolerance||Ensure business continuity through virtual machine resilience||Virtual machines|
|Medium||Enable virtual machine backup to protect your data from corruption and accidental deletion||Improved data resilience and performance||Virtual machines|
|Medium||Use availability sets for improved fault tolerance||Ensure business continuity through virtual machine resilience||Virtual machines (classic)|
|Medium||Use Premium Disks to improve I/O performance||Improved data resilience and performance||Virtual machines (classic)|